- 1.5 Cups All purpose flour + extra for dusting
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat flour or Atta
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Packet of instant Yeast (8 gm)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Warm Water + ⅓ cup more for yeast proofing
- In a small bowl, take ⅓ cup warm water and add sugar and yeast. Stir well and let it rest for 10 mins. It will be doubled in amount.
- In food processor bowl, combine the AP flour, Wheat flour and salt. Pulse it for 2-3 seconds. Add yeast mixture and run food processor on medium speed. While running, add the olive oil. Add the warm water slowly. Process it until the flour forms into dough. If dough is too sticky or dry add some more flour or water to adjust.
- Transfer the dough on clean surface of counter and knead it for 2-3 times. Place the dough into oil greased bowl. Cover with damp cloth and place it in warm place for 1 to 1.5 hour. I usually place the dough into Microwave for good result. It will be doubled in volume. Punch the dough with your knuckles and let it rise for another ½ hour. Overall, the dough should become smooth to role and elastic.