Back to Top
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 2 cups milk, heated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the broccoli and cauliflower, cooking until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in prepared baking dish.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Cooking, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the warm milk, whisking continuously. Continue cooking until mixture has thickened.
- Add mustard, season with salt and pepper, and turn off the heat. Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese and stir until melted and combined.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli and cauliflower in prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!