- 1 jar (12 oz) seedless blackberry jam (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 (6-oz) cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Jr. Golden Layers™ refrigerated buttermilk biscuits SAVE $
- 3 tablespoons unsalted or salted butter
- 1 cup crumbled chèvre (goat) cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
1 In 1-quart saucepan, stir together blackberry jam, thyme, water and 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until slightly thickened. Keep warm.
2 Place cornmeal in shallow dish. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Gently flatten each biscuit to 3-inch round. Coat both sides of each biscuit with cornmeal, press in lightly.
3 Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place half of the biscuits in skillet and cook 4 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking, or until browned and lightly puffed. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and remaining biscuits.
4 For each serving, place 2 warm corn cakes on plate. Sprinkle each with about 3 tablespoons goat cheese. Drizzle each with about 3 tablespoons blackberry sauce; garnish with blackberries and remaining lemon peel.source:pillsbury.