- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on medium. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing on low until just incorporated. Fold in the apples.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!